Be unafraid to be utterly and unabashedly yourself because…you’re pretty damn great.
2. Don’t be afraid of people just because you don’t know them.
3. In fact, don’t fear the unknown for the simple fact that it is unknown. Wait until it gives you a reason to fear it.
4. Don’t underestimate silence. Talking often muddles up situations. Only your perceived notions of the moment make silence ‘awkward’.
5. Friends drift away or sometimes up and leave…and that’s okay. You will be okay without them.
6. There is a way out of every situation, no matter how hopeless or horrible it seems.
7. Eventually, every so often, things fall into place, and the planets align, and you get a moment of clarity. Often it really only lasts a moment. Hold on tight to these glimpses into eternity.
8. Older generally does = wiser. However, it’s on an individual basis. Just because someone is older than you, it does not necessarily make them wiser than you.
9. Be content with yourself, but never fully satisfied. Always try to be a little bit more tomorrow than what you are today, but don’t let it make you love today’s self any less for it.
10. Other than hatred, there is no emotion more self-harming than regret. So don’t participate in it.
Be, always, the best version of yourself.
First, I wish you noble like Zapata,
because a man is one who guards
those weaker than himself.
Second, I wish you a Gandhi wisdom,
he knew power is not the fist,
he knew the power of the powerless.
Third, I wish you Mother Teresa generous.
Because the way of wealth is giving
yourself away to others.
— Sandra Cisneros “Arturito the Amazing Baby Olmec Who is Mine by Way of Water”
Half-hearted is the same thing as no-hearted.